President Trump is taking a hardline stance against Antifa after signing a memo to block the entry of those looking to come to the U.S.
“Antifa activists have brutally attacked our law-abiding friends, neighbors and business owners, and destroyed historic landmarks that our communities have cherished for decades,” White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said in a statement.
“This violence and lawlessness has no place in the United States and will be called out for the domestic terrorism that it is,” she continued.
“Today, President Donald J. Trump signed a memorandum to ensure that Federal officials assess actions of Antifa activists in light of Federal laws that restrict the entry of aliens associated with terrorist organizations and aliens intent on criminal activity. President Trump will not allow Antifa, or any terrorist organization, to destroy our great country,” the statement continued.
Antifa, which is described as an anarcho-communist movement, publicly identifies with communist and socialist ideologies. Trump has previously said that he intended to declare Antifa a terrorist group but so far, his administration has not taken that step.
On Tuesday, Trump described Antifa as a “Terrorist Organization” as he warned the group to stay out of Washington during the Jan. 6 planned protests as members of Congress will meet in a Joint Session to count and accept or decline electoral votes.
The memo comes a day after Sen. Josh Hawley, R-MO., claimed that a group of Antifa members threatened his family at their Virginia home.
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.