Hunter Biden, the son of President Joe Biden, is suing media network Fox News for their fictional mock trial miniseries on his life, alleging that Fox is guilty of violating a New York statute covering “revenge porn” and similar actions.

The 2022 miniseries, “The Trial of Hunter Biden: A Mock Trial for the American People,” was available to subscribers of its “Fox Nation” streaming service. The program showed nearly nude images and video footage of Hunter.

“In addition to the unlawful commercial exploitation of Mr. Biden’s image, name, and likeness, ‘The Trial of Hunter Biden’ unlawfully publishes numerous intimate images (both still and video) of Mr. Biden depicting him in the nude, depicting an unclothed or exposed intimate part of him, as well as engaged in sex acts,” the suit states.

Learn the benefits of becoming a Valuetainment Member and subscribe today!

“Fox published and disseminated these intimate images to its vast audience of millions as part of an entertainment program in order to humiliate, harass, annoy, and alarm Mr. Biden and to tarnish his reputation,” the suit continues.

The suit argues that Fox stands guilty of violating NY Civil Rights Law Sec 52-b, which is designed to cover “revenge porn.” The law, titled “Private right of action for unlawful dissemination or publication of an intimate image” and effective September 21, 2019, prohibits the distribution or threatened distribution of “any person depicted in a still or video image, regardless of whether or not the original still or video image was consensually obtained.”

Fox removed the miniseries from its streaming platform earlier in 2024, but the suit claims Fox has not taken down promotional materials and that it is still accessible via third-party platforms.

Hunter also accuses Fox of “unjust enrichment and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

In response, Fox said the suit is “entirely politically motivated” and “devoid of merit.”

“The core complaint stems from a 2022 streaming program that Mr. Biden did not complain about until sending a letter in late April 2024,” a Fox spokesperson said. “The program was removed within days of the letter, in an abundance of caution, but Hunter Biden is a public figure who has been the subject of multiple investigations and is now a convicted felon. Consistent with the First Amendment, FOX News has accurately covered the newsworthy events of Mr. Biden’s own making, and we look forward to vindicating our rights in court.”

As Valuetainment previously reported, Hunter Biden was convicted on federal gun charges last month, which is currently attempting to appeal.


Shane Devine is a writer covering politics and business for VT and a regular guest on The Unusual Suspects. Follow Shane’s work here.

Add comment